Brighton Theatre CompanyCnr Carpenter and Wilson streets, Brighton, Melbourne and Surrounds, Victoria 3186 (View on map)
Disabled Facilities: No
Phone: 1300 752 126
Visit Brighton Theatre Company
Brighton Theatre Company began its days as “The St Andrew’s Players” performing at St. Andrew’s Church Hall in Brighton. The company then moved on to St Peter’s Parish Hall, Were Street and were known as “Brighton Repertory Company”, later changing their name to “Brighton Theatre Company”. An invitation was received from Brighton Council to use the main auditorium of the Town Hall, and in 1984 we began operations on that site. With the redevelopment of the Town Hall as an Arts & Cultural Centre, the company moved to the former library and constructed our own “little theatre” – seating 84 patrons. In 2009, the Bayside Council made a number of alterations to the interior of the building including a new entrance and modern foyer for the theatre. We have installed new seating and now seat 93 patrons.